Pastor Jacob Jones
My name is Pastor Jacob Jones. I grew up in the Imperial Valley my whole life. When I was 16 years old, I walked into Baptist church and heard the Gospel for the first time. The church was Faith Baptist Church of Imperial, CA pastored by Pastor Mike Myrick. My parents, sister, and I began attending on a regular basis. A few months later, I attended a youth conference in Santa Clara, CA with the youth group. At that conference, I made the best decision of my life! I asked Jesus Christ to forgive me of my sins and asked Him to be my Savior. That day changed me forever! I was born into God’s family. Praise the Lord!!!
Now, it’s been 18 years since I asked Christ to be my Savior and I am still learning!
* 2001 Started attending church.
*2002 Received Christ as my Savior.
*2004 Graduated from Imperial High School in Imperial, CA
*2004- 2009 Attend Bible College.
*2010- 2019 Served in my local New Testament church.
*Now Planting a New Testament Baptist church for the Quechan tribe and the Winterhaven area.
Pastor’s Wife: Lydia Jones
My name is Lydia Jones. I grew up in a preacher’s home. I was born in Orlando, Florida but was raised in Yuma, Arizona. From the time I was a baby until the age of 2, I lived near the Pima Native tribe close to Chandler, Arizona. At the age of 2, my parents moved to work with the Cocopah in Yuma, AZ. At the age of 3, in 1991, my mom presented the Bible story about heaven and hell and I remember praying with her to receive Christ in my room.
At the age of 12, I wanted to be sure that I truly had meant what I said when I was younger so I prayed for assurance of salvation at a roller skating activity. At the age of 15, I dedicated my life to Christ.
* 2007 Graduated from Calvary Baptist School.
* 2007- 2013 Attended Christian College
* 2013- 2019 Served in my local New Testament church.
*Now Assisting my husband in planting a new testament baptist church.
Little Samuel Jones
*Born March 28th, 2019
1. WE BELIEVE that the Authorized Version of the Bible (King James Version, 1611), is the inspired, inerrant Word of God preserved for the English speaking people (Psalm 12:6-7). We believe it is the supreme authority for man, and that according to its precepts all men will one day be judged (II Timothy 3:16-17; Rev 20:11-15).
2. WE BELIEVE the God of the Bible. I believe He is the only true God. He is the God of all creation. He is the God of the Bible. He is eternal- the Alpha and Omega. He is part of the tribune God (Father, Son and Holy Ghost).
While all three are different, they are all the same person at the same time. It is beyond our comprehension. The God of the Bible makes no mistakes. He is perfect in all things. He does not lie or change. He is a holy God. God is an invisible, personal, and living Spirit, distinguished from all other spirits by several kinds of attributes. He is a sovereign God. He is a God that no one can destroy. He is the giver of life and taker of life. Holiness (Psalm 99:9), Love (I John 4:8), Mercy, Righteousness (Psalm 116:5), Righteous Anger (Ezekiel 5:15), Omnipotence (Job 42:2), Omniscience (Job 37:16), Omnipresence (Psalm 139:7-12), Eternity (Revelation 1:8), Immutability (Malachi 3:6), Truth (Psalm 86:15). We know by his Word and by personal experience that, “He doeth all things well.
3. WE BELIEVE man was created in God’s image. Man is made up of three parts- spirit, soul and body. God created man on the sixth day of creation from the dust of the earth, and God breathed life into his nostrils. Man was created in a state of innocence or unconfirmed holiness. However when Adam disobeyed God by eating the forbidden fruit, sin entered into the world. Man is now born with a sinful nature, that separates him from God. If man does not repent of his sin and put his trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, he is destined to eternal separation from God.
Man stands condemned before God on his own without any ability of saving himself. Only through Christ can man be justified in the sight of God, and through Christ fellowship is restored with God.
A. The Creation and Original State of Man
- Man was created on the sixth day of creation by an act of God. (Genesis 1:26-27)
- Man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-31)
- Man was created with dominion over all the animals. (Genesis 1:26-28)
- Man was created with the ability to fellowship. (Genesis 1:29, 3:8-9)
B. The Nature of Man
- Man is composed of three parts: body, soul and spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrew 4:12)
- Mankind as a whole was in Adam seminally at Adam’s creation. (Genesis 2:21-23; Romans 5:12&14)
C. The Fall of Man
- Man’s free will. (Genesis 3)
- Man’s disobedience. (Genesis 3; Romans 5:12)
- Man was born with a sinful nature (John 3:3-7; Romans 3:10-12)
4. WE BELIEVE and accept as unchangeable truth the statement of God’s Word that having once received Christ as personal Saviour, “there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus…” (Romans 8:1 a), and that having received “Eternal Life” from God there is no possibility of God allowing His Word to be broken and us to become lost again (John 10:27-29).
5. WE BELIEVE that the New Testament Church is a local, visible, autonomous, called out assembly of born again believers, baptized by immersion, who have New Testament officers (Pastor and Deacons) and practicing the New Testament Ordinances (Baptism and Communion). The New Testament church is to be autonomous and have a congregational form of government. Christ is the head of the New Testament church and the Word of God is what leads and guides our faith and practice. Acts 20:28; Acts 20:28; Hebrews 13:17; 1 Timothy 3:5; Acts 6:1-6; Acts 6:3
The purpose of the Church.
- Glorify God (Ephesians 3:21)
- Edifying of the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- Evangelism of the lost (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Equipping of the believer (Ephesians 4:13-14)
6. WE BELIEVE that in the pre-tribulation coming again of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to receive His saints, raising from the grave those who sleep in death (I Thessalonians 4:13-18); that He will personally and literally reign over all the earth for 1,000 glorious years; that all men will be judged; that those who have accepted Christ as Saviour during this life will live forever with God in prepared mansions in heaven; that those who refuse the salvation Christ offers will spend eternity in the awful punishment of hell, prepared for Satan and his angels (Revelation 20; John 14:1-3; Matthew 25: 41).
or add another page.