1. WE BELIEVE that the Authorized Version of the Bible (King James Version, 1611), is the inspired, inerrant Word of God preserved for the English speaking people (Psalm 12:6-7). We believe it is the supreme authority for man, and that according to its precepts all men will one day be judged (II Timothy 3:16-17; Rev 20:11-15). We believe all other English Translations of the Bible are false and untrustworthy and will not allow the use of any other English Translation in the church.
2. WE BELIEVE the God of the Bible. I believe He is the only true God. He is the God of all creation. He is the God of the Bible. He is eternal- the Alpha and Omega. He is part of the tribune God (Father, Son and Holy Ghost).
While all three are different, they are all the same person at the same time. It is beyond our comprehension. The God of the Bible makes no mistakes. He is perfect in all things. He does not lie or change. He is a holy God. God is an invisible, personal, and living Spirit, distinguished from all other spirits by several kinds of attributes. He is a sovereign God. He is a God that no one can destroy. He is the giver of life and taker of life. Holiness (Psalm 99:9), Love (I John 4:8), Mercy, Righteousness (Psalm 116:5), Righteous Anger (Ezekiel 5:15), Omnipotence (Job 42:2), Omniscience (Job 37:16), Omnipresence (Psalm 139:7-12), Eternity (Revelation 1:8), Immutability (Malachi 3:6), Truth (Psalm 86:15). We know by his Word and by personal experience that, “He doeth all things well.
3. WE BELIEVE
I believe man was created in God’s image. Man is made up of three parts- spirit, soul and body. God created man on the sixth day of creation from the dust of the earth, and God breathed life into his nostrils. Man was created in a state of innocence or unconfirmed holiness. However when Adam disobeyed God by eating the forbidden fruit, sin entered into the world. Man is now born with a sinful nature, that separates him from God. If man does not repent of his sin and put his trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, he is destined to eternal separation from God.
Man stands condemned before God on his own without any ability of saving himself. Only through Christ can man be justified in the sight of God, and through Christ fellowship is restored with God.
A. The Creation and Original State of Man
- Man was created on the sixth day of creation by an act of God. (Genesis 1:26-27)
- Man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-31)
- Man was created with dominion over all the animals. (Genesis 1:26-28)
- Man was created with the ability to fellowship. (Genesis 1:29, 3:8-9)
B. The Nature of Man
- Man is composed of three parts: body, soul and spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrew 4:12)
- Mankind as a whole was in Adam seminally at Adam’s creation. (Genesis 2:21-23; Romans 5:12&14)
C. The Fall of Man
- Man’s free will. (Genesis 3)
- Man’s disobedience. (Genesis 3; Romans 5:12)
- Man was born with a sinful nature (John 3:3-7; Romans 3:10-12)
4. WE BELIEVE and accept as unchangeable truth the statement of God’s Word that having once received Christ as personal Saviour, “there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus…” (Romans 8:1 a), and that having received “Eternal Life” from God there is no possibility of God allowing His Word to be broken and us to become lost again (John 10:27-29).
5. WE BELIEVE
I believe that the New Testament Church is a local, visible, autonomous, called out assembly of born again believers, baptized by immersion, who have New Testament officers (Pastor and Deacons) and practicing the New Testament Ordinances (Baptism and Communion). The New Testament church is to be autonomous and have a congregational form of government. Christ is the head of the New Testament church and the Word of God is what leads and guides our faith and practice. Acts 20:28; Acts 20:28; Hebrews 13:17; 1 Timothy 3:5; Acts 6:1-6; Acts 6:3
The purpose of the Church.
- Glorify God (Ephesians 3:21)
- Edifying of the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- Evangelism of the lost (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Equipping of the believer (Ephesians 4:13-14)
6. WE BELIEVE that in the pre-tribulation coming again of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to receive His saints, raising from the grave those who sleep in death (I Thessalonians 4:13-18); that He will personally and literally reign over all the earth for 1,000 glorious years; that all men will be judged; that those who have accepted Christ as Saviour during this life will live forever with God in prepared mansions in heaven; that those who refuse the salvation Christ offers will spend eternity in the awful punishment of hell, prepared for Satan and his angels (Revelation 20; John 14:1-3; Matthew 25: 41).